DJ Express. The online home for CO 4713
THE ONLINE HOME FOR CO 4713 MULTIMEDIA JOURNALISM
editor in chief / instructor of record : wendy roussin, mfa

Kassidy Lambert. Communication: Broadcast and Digital Journalism

My Name is Kassidy Lambert and I am a senior broadcast journalism student at Mississippi State. I enjoy watching sports and have wanted to be a sports reporter for as long as I can remember. Coming to Mississippi State I knew I wanted to pursue a degree in broadcasting. I have learned a lot during my time at Mississippi State.

Fake
Kassidy Lambert
I chose broadcast journalism because I want to be a sports reporter and I felt this degree was the best way to get me to my dream career. The classes I have taken have really helped me grow into myself and made me more confident in myself. I enjoy interviewing people and learning more about people. I also enjoy being in front of the camera and talking on camera. I have enjoyed the classes I have taken under this major and really feel like I made the right decision choosing this path for myself.

I love that with this concentration I get to be creative and express myself through my work. This career field has creative freedom when it comes to filming and even editing which is fun for me. Broadcast journalism comes with many different outlets to express yourself and become better at storytelling through different type of media. I love this concentration because it has made me open more and become more confident in myself and my abilities.

I am interested in learning more about podcasts. I watch a couple different sports podcasts and I think it would be fun to create a podcast and just have people on the podcast to interview. I am interested in learning more about all the different types of media and how I can use them in my career to better myself. The media is a huge part of the career I wish to go into so learning about all the media and the techniques of every aspect of this career is important to me.p>

A project that I have done for a class that I loved would be a package I turned in for my backpack video class last semester. I filmed this standup and edited it really cool and it was interesting to play around with until I got it to the final product. It was fun to shoot many different shots for b-roll from different angles.

I am interested in learning more about different types of media and how to capture objects more specifically. I am also interested in knowing how to create things using different types of outlets. Most of my background so far is in videography; so, I am eager to learn more about other types of media and how to capture things that way.

>I would say my favorite type of media is video for sure. I love photography, but my favorite is video. Videography is my favorite because everyone could film the same shots but edit them in totally different ways and the product of both be totally different. For me I feel like it is easier to be more creative with video. Also, I feel like videography shows a person’s personality more which is always fun. It gives more incite to the person behind the camera in a sense. I enjoy interviewing people as well and being able to tell their stories which happens in videography.

I write for The Reflector here on campus. I am a writer for the sports column. I also have done an internship with WCBI news station in Columbus. I would say my strengths are writing, editing, and filming. I enjoy filming and being able to create. To me it is interesting to try and put creative twists on my work to show personality or just to distinguish my work from others.

My end goal is to be a sideline sports reporter. After college I plan to get a sports reporting job somewhere to help begin my career. I enjoy watching sports and talking about sports so to me this is the perfect career for me. My preferred sport is football or basketball, but I know starting out in my career field I cannot be picky.

I am eager to graduate and start working in my career field. I am excited for my future in broadcasting, no matter what avenue I work in.

Email me at krl334@msstate.edu with any questions